Monday, June 27, 2011

Going to the Fair

I got a nice surprise today.  I was going out with some good friends, and we ended up going somewhere completely different than where we started out.  We ended up at the Alameda County Fair.

I've always loved going to the fair.  Something about the atmosphere, the food that you could never eat on a regular basis, the various entertainers that are on site, all the critters...  I used to go with my mom when she was still around, so there are good memories too.

At the end of my day there, as I was walking toward the exit, the sound of a lot of banging got my attention.  As I walked toward the clattering, it turned out it was three guys doing a performance.  I got some video - check them out:



Sorry the image is so small, but you can only get so much on your phone.

Their instruments were:

  • a wooden stool with a piece of plexiglass on top
  • an upturned 5-gallon water bottle
  • upturned pots

Written on the ground in front of these guys was www.gotdrummers.com, so I can only assume (yeah, I know) it was these guys.  They were a lot of fun to watch!  Unfortunately, they didn't have much of a crowd, being it was the middle of Monday afternoon, but they still looked like they were having a lot of fun.  I'd love to see a full show sometime.

The website says they're available for hire, if you're so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment