Sunday, July 24, 2011

That's Sweet! Dessert Truck

Recently, the folks in my area have been treated to what I'll call gourmet food trucks.  I call them that, because they aren't your standard "white truck/greasy food" variety - these folks cook good food.  My personal favorite is the truck from That's Sweet Bakery.

Their selling points on the website are that they bake everything fresh each morning, with ingredients found as locally as possible, with no preservatives, or having things sit on a shelf for who-knows-how-long.  They've also told me that they use recipes that were handed down, or that found as an early American favorite, to try to keep the nostalgia of all the favorites that people grew up with.  In fact, upon tasting their buttercream, I had to tell them that it was exactly like what my mom used to make when she was using my Sicilian grandmother's recipe.  To this day, I still can't get it right.

They provide a nice selection of goodies whenever they're at one of the drive-by eating events.  At this point, they're doing Thursday evenings at Union Landing, alternating Friday evenings between Newpark Mall in Newark and Pacific Commons in Fremont, and other events as they come up.  They also do private events, corporate functions, etc., and will take suggestions if you should have an idea on where they can park their truck to bring their goodies to the masses.

I highly recommend trying these folks out if you get the chance.  They can be found on Facebook and, of course, their website.  This coming Thursday, they're supposed to be at Union Landing, and then Friday at Pacific Commons, as long as nothing changes (be sure to check their Facebook page for updates).  From what I've seen in just the last couple weeks, they seem to be picking up a good amount of followers.  So...  get to it!  Go check these guys out!

2 comments:

  1. I try to get out there every time I see they're going to be in the area. They've got me hooked! Tomorrow they'll be out at Union Landing from 4:30-9 pm.

    ReplyDelete